Monday 4 April 2016

an interview with a billionare from Saudi Arabia

Your austerity and thriftiness on spending are well known. Please comment?

I am not a miser. But I am always vigilant against extravagance. I always try to impart this lesson to all those working with me whether it is in banking or poultry or other projects, and I am more concerned about it when it is coming to the case of my children. In the past, I never gave money to my children when they were young in return for nothing. When any one of them approached me to give them cash, I asked them to do some work in exchange for it. In our life, we practice some extravagance without being aware of it. But it affects our whole life, exhausting us and putting a burden on our country. For example, there is no logic in putting heavy curtain on our windows and then lighting lamps in daytime when we get sunlight free of cost while electric lamps are costly.

Despite all your wealth, why don’t you still have a private aircraft?

Let me tell you that I have many planes but they belong to various airlines. I have ownership in all of them to the tune of the ticket fare that I pay for each travel. I always travel in economy class with the conviction that Allah bestowed us wealth not for showing arrogance or spend extravagantly but to deal with wealth as a trusted property.

What about the recreation and hobbies of Sheikh Al-Rajhi? How do you spend free time?
I have not any special recreations. However, I find happiness and enjoyment while making a trip to the desert. I never went out of the Kingdom on a tourism trip.


http://abdurrahman.org/2012/06/03/sulaiman-al-rajhis-life-a-rags-to-riches-story-must-read/ 

Related :

465. Abu Dharr (May allah be pleased with him) reported: I was walking with the Prophet on the stony ground in Al-Madinah in the afternoon when Uhud Mount came into sight. Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “O Abu Dharr!” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, here I am responding to you”. He said, “If I had as much gold as the weight of Uhud, it would not please me to have a single dinar out of it with me after the passage of three days, but I would hold back something for the repayment of a debt. I would distribute it among the slaves of Allah like this and like this and like this.” And he (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) pointed in front of him, and on his right side and on his left side. We then walked a little further and he (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said: “The rich would be poor on the Day of  Resurrection, except he who spent like this and like this and like this,”. and he pointed as he did the first time. “But such persons are few”. Then he said, “Stay where you are till I come back to you”. He (the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)) walked ahead a little further in the darkness of the night and disappeared from my sight. I heard a loud voice. I said (to myself): “The Messenger of Allah might have met (mishap or an enemy)”. I wished I could go after him but I remembered his commanding me to stay till he came back. So I waited for him; and when he came, I made mention of what I had heard. He asked, “Did you hear it?”. I said, “Yes”. Then he said, “It was Jibril (Gabriel), who came to me and said: `He who dies among your Ummah without having associated anything with Allah (in worship) will enter Jannah.’ I said: `Even if he committed illicit sexual intercourse or steals?’ He (Jibril) said: `Even if he has committed illicit sexual intercourse or steals”.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].


http://abdurrahman.org/2014/09/04/riyad-us-saliheen-imaam-nawawi-chapter-055/

No comments:

Post a Comment