Friday 1 January 2016

No compromise in our Deen !

Q 2: Thanks to Allah Who guided me to accept Islam. Now, I live with my non-Muslim family who congratulate me on `Eid-ul-Fitr (the Festival of Breaking the Fast) and `Eid-ul-Adha (the Festival of the Sacrifice). Then, when it is the time for their holidays, I do not congratulate them; they therefore become upset with me and call me arrogant. What should I do? Please, advise. May Allah reward you with the best.

A: It is not permissible for you to congratulate non-Muslims on their festivals even if

(Part No. 1; Page No. 438)

they get upset with you or feel you are haughty. It is recommended to endear Islam to them and advise them nicely to accept it. We ask Allah (Exalted be He) to open the hearts of your family to Islam.

May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'
http://alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?languagename=en&View=Page&PageID=10777&PageNo=1&BookID=7
Member Member Member Member Deputy Chairman Chairman
Bakr Abu Zayd `Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzan `Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan `Abdul-Razzaq `Afify `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

No comments:

Post a Comment